Meet our team
Ketamine infusion therapy is a continuously evolving science. To maximize our patients’ outcomes and maintain the highest standards of safety, we stay informed of current research, attend conferences, discuss protocols with our colleagues in the field, and, most importantly, LISTEN TO PATIENT FEEDBACK.
About Dr. Sara
Sara Herman, MD, is a board-certified anesthesiologist and founder of Soft Reboot Wellness, a Silicon Valley-based ketamine clinic.
After majoring in human biology with a concentration in technology and society at Stanford University, she studied and trained in cardiothoracic anesthesia at Harvard Medical School and Columbia University. Sara’s personal experience with mental health while undergoing breast cancer therapy in 2017 inspired her shift in focus from operating room medicine to psychedelic healing. Dr. Sara has additional training in psychedelic-assisted therapy and integrative healing from the California Institute of Integral Studies, The Ketamine Training Center, The Integrative Psychiatry Institute, and The Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine. She is also a member of the Ketamine Psychotherapy Associates. She has set an intention to practice psychedelic medicine with ethics, integrity, and a commitment to her patients’ holistic wellness.
Dr. Sara’s degrees, training, and certifications:
- Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Anesthesiology Resident
- Columbia University Medical Center, Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Fellow
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine, Integrative Health & Medicine Clinical Fellowship
- Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, MD Medicine
- Stanford University: BA, Human Biology
- The Ketamine Training Center introduction to Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy, training with Dr. Phil Wolfson and associates
- Ketamine Psychotherapy Associates, member
- Ketamine Medical Provider Training, Integrative Psychiatry Institute 2021
- Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Certification, Integrative Psychiatry Institute May 2022
- Academy of Integrated Health and Medicine Fellowship, 2020 – 2022
- California Institute of Integral Studies, Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies and Research Certificate Program 2022 Cohort
- Visit Dr. Sara’s LinkedIn page for additional details of her experience and training
About Dr. Natasha Carey
Dr. Natasha is a board-certified anesthesiologist.
She holds A BS in Chemistry from Columbia University and MS in Chemistry from UC Berkeley. Her Physical Chemistry research has been published in peer-reviewed journals. She received her MD from UCSF and stayed there for anesthesia training. She practiced clinical OR/OB anesthesia in the Bay Area for 20+ years. Dr. N. embraced the value of non-traditional healing pathways after a personal odyssey through chronic neck pain. She also rediscovered the works of great Russian writers for their empathy and faith that suffering ennobles, and their confidence that we can transcend pain. She often translates Russian poetry to bring this special Russian brew of soul remedy to the Anglophones. She is tickled pink that the old anesthesia drug she had used throughout her career to snuff out consciousness has been redeployed to expand it.
About Shade Hassan
Shade is a certified addiction recovery and psychedelic integration coach.
Shade began her journey in the medical field with a passion for helping others as a medical assistant. She was introduced to Dr. Sara Herman and the healing benefits of Ketamine Therapy while serving as the procedural scheduler at an ambulatory surgery center where Dr. Herman provided anesthesia services. Shade was inspired to deepen her knowledge and understanding of the psychedelic healing process through self-reflection and advanced studies in hypnotherapy and transformational coaching. She is certified by Being True to You to support people through all stages of addiction recovery and psychedelic preparation and integration. Additionally, she is certified as a hypnotherapist by the Palo Alto School of Hypnotherapy. Shade offers support, guidance, and commitment to everyone who walks through our Soft Reboot Wellness doors.
What to expect on your Journey
When you feel called to the path toward transformation, we’re here, waiting to escort you on the journey.